Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Family Ties

Ever since I can remember my dads side of my fam has hosted a softball tournament against our rival family. My dad has 5 brothers and some how they all had girls with the exception of my brother and 1 other boy, making the odds like 20 girls to 2 boys. I guess that's natures way of balancing ish out. Point being with that many uncles to look up too you get force fed your fair share of sports. Needless to say some of us turned out to be tomboys. My cousin Nicole and I have always been ridiculously competitive, these tournaments were no exception. One year she rolled through in these Griffeys and took me to school. Our competitive streak didn't end there. In high school we both joined our school softball teams and often found ourselves competing against one another. Truth be told she is a much better player than I am. But here I am 14 years later still holding a grudge. Maybe if I had these back then things would have played out a little different. Wishful thinking, right.


No comments: